Welcome to Friday's Fab Finds! This is a weekly showcase that will happen each Friday - hence the name :)
On my favorite day of the week (Friday) I will post a round up of yummy goodness...What could be highlighted is endless...Stationery, Fashion, Food, DIY craft, Quotes...anything goes. My goal is to offer you some wonder, joy and inspiration. There will always be links to let you dig in a bit deeper and find out more about the finds. Here on the page I will share a few notes about why I picked these babies to showcase.
This week I bring you a collection of finds all about kicking off the New Year!! I know you will make the most of 2016 and if you feel like you need to reset Chinese New Year is Feb 8. So go ahead start again.
I hope you will follow along each week...Let the fun begin.
1) ONE LITTLE WORD - Picking a word to guide you through your year is an awesome way to help you create focus and bring something to you life you are seeking. Ali Edwards is the artist that introduced me to this concept. She has some fantastic posts on her blog about it and offer a year long class that helps you let the word into your life with journaling prompts and inspiration. She even offers a workshop to inspire you all year long and connect with your word via creative prompts.
2) Get to Work Book - This is one spectacular planner. This is my go to planner to run my life. It keeps me and the business organized. Besides the fact that it is a well structured planner I love that there are inspirational quotes to start each month and the pages are clean and simple black & white. As a creative this means I can add anything I want: Stickers, Watercolors, Pens...You name it and you can add it to this planner. You can find out more about this awesome planner and its creator Elise right here. Oh and if you are looking for a podcast to add to your lineup Elise has a fantastic one. Check it out.
3) Power sheets - These beauties are the brain child of Lara Casey. When you use these goal setting sheets you will see your ideas and thoughts move from intentions to actions. You can use them on their own or you can pair the sheets with her book: Make it Happen. The set comes with 6 months of un-dated sheets so you can dig in and get started anytime. This series of worksheets could make this your best year ever.
4) Pantone Color of the Year: One of the joyous things in the new year is to see what Pantone picks at the color of the year. 2016 is a unique year as Pantone picked two colors: Serenity and Rose Quartz, a harmonious pairing of complementary shades. The seamless union of Serenity and Rose Quartz creates balance in a chaotic world by providing the perfect counterpoint to the fast-paced, fractured and hurried lives we live. Look around and you will see these colors everywhere. Check out the Pantone Instagram feed for inspiration.
5) The 52 Lists Project is a journal of weekly lists that will help nurture self-expression and self-development - written by, Moorea Seal. There are seasonal sections and the journal includes list prompts, with plenty of space to write your own. Plus there are challenges to help you take action and make your dreams a reality. This journal will open up new avenues of self-knowledge and help you celebrate, enjoy, and take ownership of your life, as each week of the year becomes more thoughtful and vibrant. If you are an Instagram user you can follow along with posts there as well with the tag #52ListsProject.